Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Friday, January 2, 2015

God is so good!


First of all. God is so good!!! The blessing that I have recieved being here at the MTC are amazing and I am loving the MTC. Our progressing investigators are so great and also are real investigators. The miracle for this week is about an investigator named Lome (Lo may). We went into TRC expecting a different investigator but she didn't show up so last minute we got Lome. He is from Sacramento California and grew up in a strict Catholic home. He grew up in gangs and was kicked out of his house at 14. He moved to Utah a year ago so that he could get out of that environment. The investigators are hired at the TRC as an actual job and he is brand new to the job. As we talked to him he told us that he doesn't see a need for God in his life. He wants to be a motivational speaker and has an amazing outlook on life which makes it hard to help him see the importance of Christ. He is so down to earth and real so I was trying to be as real with him as I could but also inviting the spirit and testifying of what I know is true! We really struggled with how to help him after we walked out of there. We invited him to pray but had to convince him and he finally came to an understanding however it didn't seem too promising. The day that we had our second appointment with him we didnt know what to prepare because we figured the plan of salvation lesson would be too much and we had already taught the restoration. I felt like we needed to talk to him about faith and Ether 12 (READ IT ITS SO GREAT) Also read D&C 6. I was pretty worried and sister denney and I had said "this is going to be rough." So we got in there and asked him about his experience with prayer and this is what he told us. "You are going to freak out! I am dating this girl who has a 3 year old and so the father of the baby and her switch off taking care of him. The night I was at her house, the father texted her with a love emotocon and I got super angry. I scared her and stormed out because she wouldn't stand up to him. Laying in bed I felt so much anger and couldn't fall asleep. I remembered what you had told me about praying to God, so I did. I just said "God if you are there this would be a really good time to let me know". I felt this peace come over me and now I understand kind of that spirit you were talking about. I fell right asleep and i think God answered me. I woke up later at 3 am and felt this dark presence over me. I could literally see this shadow pinning me down, again I prayed that same prayer and instantly it was gone." Sister Denney and I were DYING and trying so hard to not get too excited in there and keep the spirit. BUT it was a stinking miracle. I asked him "if you knew God was there how would you feel" He said he would have lots of questions for God so the one thing we prepared for him Ether 12 was the exact thing that he needed. Walking out of there I was so humbled because I didnt feel like i deserved such a miracle because I had had a rough morning that morning and we did not prepare well enough. But God loves Lome and clearly knew what he needed. in turn I gained a greater testimony. OH MY GOSH GOD IS GOOD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment