Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Make your prayers personal

Hey Everyone,
Hope you enjoyed conference weekend! That was probably the first time that I watched all the sessions and it was an incredible experience for me.
I especially loved the talk from Elder Holland, it was such a powerful testimony of the Savior.
I have such a strong testimony that God is with us even when we feel like we don't deserve it. Yesterday Sister Jones and I (my new companion! She is from South Jordan Utah and is super sweet) went to go check on some people in the city. We found one of the places but not the other one and I was feeling so frustrated because I knew that it was in the same complex but could not remember how to get there. We looked for twenty minutes and couldn't seem to find it. I felt like Heavenly Father was disappointed with me because I was being pessimistic and feeling frustrated but even in the midst of that, last minute I had a thought to turn left and then left again. There is was, right in front of us. If you know me, you know I cannot find my way around ever but that that experience was a sign of my Heavenly Father's love for me, to remind me that He is there after all. When you feel that you don't deserve Heavenly Father's love, get on your knees, tell Him that. Hide nothing and say it how it is. I don't sugar coat my prayers and I really feel like that helps me be closer to God. SO my challenge this week for you all is to make your prayers more personal, even if that means "Heavenly Father, what in the world am I having to go through this for?" He wants to hear from us in GOOD and BAD. He is simply always there.
Til we meet again ;)
With great love,
Sister Engelbrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment