Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, November 30, 2015

Heavenly Father wants us to have all (Oct 19th)

Another slow slow week but it was an awesome week. I definitely went hard on junk food....oops, I guess that is what stress does to you though.

I have been studying a ton this week about the Plan of Salvation. This talk I read just blew my mind, it is by a previous mission president. As I read it my understanding and peace of God's plan for us grew so immensely. I was thinking later how much I felt peace just from something written by man. If I could feel that much peace just from a talk, the amount of peace that I could feel hearing it from the Savior would be so much greater. It gave me hope and reminded me that even though I do not know the meaning of all things I do know that Heavenly Father loves His children (anyone recognize that scripture)? I kept thinking that if we REALLY understood the amount of love God has for us than we would completely jump in a heartbeat and do what He asks of us.

I have not always been one for rules and doing things that I don't understand. I have never thought it really was a big deal, but lately my testimony of the commandments have grown immensely. Heavenly Father wants us to have all He has, EVERYTHING. Why? Because it makes us happy! That is literally all. He doesn't send us to earth and say okay now figure out how you can make it here, He  says "Look this is literally the path to get the most joy ever, there is no other way." You can try it your way but I promise it won't work" How amazing is that? He literally hands it to us. Heavenly Fathers mercy is that He gives it to us and the justice is that we must follow that plan. I don't know if this is hitting you like it did me, but I feel like my eyes have been opened. I want to be better at keeping the commandments. There are so many things I don't understand especially as a missionary and having to keep rules BUT I know that I can show my love for God by following them. The mission is such a preparation for me to follow the bigger rules "Commandments." AHH, I just have to have enough faith to just do it. One day when we get to Heaven, we are going to say, "is that really all we had to do to receive this" I guess the thing that has helped me is praying for the desire and the help to do it. My nature is absolutely not to follow every rule, I like to tip toe just a bit over the edge.....I hate that but it is true. One thing I know though is that if I can pray for that help my nature can completely change and I am trusting that I really will be happier. I saw this in a woman's eyes yesterday when she cam e to church for the first time in 4 years. I could tell that she was an amazing person just got tired and as a result fell away. Her demeanor just changed at church and you could tell that she had felt the spirit. The spirit can change us if we let it. Our motivation has to be our family and our Savior.

Anyways that is enough for my rant this week ;) Now do y'all want to hear about a funny experience?
Here we are getting ready to go to a progressive dinner for the ward and I left the keys in the house but we locked the door...therefore 2 + 2 = we were locked out of our house. We got back with the elders that night and they tried everything to get us in. Card's were broken, bobby pins scrounged for in our purses, and a companion who is going to pee her pants, literally. We called the members that own our house and they came by with a box of keys....long story short, they did not have the keys. We were mega stressed out especially because it was after 11 pm. Sure enough we get a call from the AP's saying that Sister Erickson and I both are training this next transfer, she is leaving and shotgunning a new area. CRAZY night. We ended up staying at a members house that night and we got in the next day by demantling a window. Are you even surprised :p

AHH good times.
I hope y'all are doing fantastic!!! Keep going strong <3
-Sister E

No comments:

Post a Comment