Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, March 9, 2015

He does answer us and we have to be the ones to recognize the blessings and answers He sends us.


Hello Outer World-
This week has been a week of courage for me and many experiences with the miracle of prayer!
We currently only have 3 investigators and truth be told none of them are all that dedicated which is tough. One of them that I have been talking about for a couple weeks is getting baptized this weekend and then we will only have 2 investigators. So needless to say we had to buckle down and tract a ton!!! The good thing about that though is I definitely have some fun stories! We ran into someone who was very very unhappy to see us and was definitely worshipping something other than God and then we also ran into someone who believed with their whole heart that Jesus was black and that we were promoting a Jesus who was not for everyone. Definitely an interesting experience. It was really good for me though to bite the bullet and just open my mouth. The Lord definitely gave me words to say, quite a lot.
Being on a mission has been so good for me to let all else go and just be me. Sister Odom and I were singing in the car the other day to Nashville Tribute and I am talking thumbs-in-the-air-as-microphones type singing. There was a car that pulled up next to us because we were at a red light and they started cracking up! I love that I can be comfortable with myself and with Sister Odom, she is so sweeeeet! The sad news is she is for sure getting transferred in three weeks because she has been in this area so long and I am really nervous to get a new companion.

Prayer:
This week I was praying one morning for us as a companionship to be able to be on the same page for our lesson plans. We got done with personal study and then talked about it and it ended up being that we had had the EXACT same ideas about things, it was such an answer to my prayers. While Heavenly Father might not answer our prayers as obviously, He does answer us and we have to be the ones to recognize the blessings and answers He sends us. Another neat experience happened yesterday. Because the clock changed back yesterday it was mega hard to wake up, Sister Odom was not feeling good so it was even harder for me to get out of bed as she layed there. BUT I knew that the only way for me to become a better missionary was to change my nature and again BITE THE BULLET and get up. I am so extremely grateful I did because then I was able to sit in the living room and study my scriptures alone. I was reading in Matthew 26:53 where Christ is taken to be crucified. He talks about how easy it would be for Him to have a "legion of Angels" come and take away the pain but He doesn't because of His love for us and the need for the Atonement and a Resurrection. The amount of love I felt in that moment was such an answer to my prayers of knowing my Savior more and feeling His hand in my life. That is exactly what I had prayed for ten minutes earlier. To realize how strong my spirit can be over physical trial was especially something I needed to hear having been sick so much lately and also fasting yesterday, which I have always struggled with.

RANDOMS:
This week we went to a burger joint called Whataburger...it was flipping good.
One of the members in the ward and our recent convert Kevin, fed us last night. We sat down and I saw a stuffed elephant sitting on the chair and she ended up giving it to me....I just about died. Man I love elephants...in case you all were not aware :)

I want you all to know how much I love my Savior and how extremely possible it is for the Atonement to change us. We have to first have hope because that hope and desire is the root of the Atonement. I would ask you
"Do you believe in Christ's Identity or Christ's ability?"
-Stephen R. Robinson

Love,
Sister Engelbrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment