Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

"Our spirits know Him"

The first sunburn of the year happened this past.  For P-day we all played volleyball with about 100 missionaries on sand courts. It was so much fun, I didn't realize how much I love volleyball. I have realized a ton this week how many things there are in life to try and how much people can be missing if they don't venture out and try new things.

This week I did a ton of reflecting on how important my mission is to me. We went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders which meant that I had to lead our area for a couple days and it was initially so scary. However, as we got lost a zillion times we also saw so many miracles and I realized even if I screw up things a few times, who cares because I am on the Lord's errand not anyone else's. We have had to look for new investigators a ton this week and we have knocked a ton of doors. Even though there was not a ton of success from knocking doors we ended up getting 4 referrals this week and three new investigators.
Phillip:
He is from the Ivory Coast in Africa and told us all about his change of heart towards Christ because he goes to another church here in OKC. We told him that we had more to add to the truth he already had. He had told us he knew it wasn't an accident we were there. In that moment I felt the tears well in my eyes and I felt God's love for him so strong. That is something I don't think I would get to experience unless I was a missionary. This week I have thought a lot about the pure love of Christ. I guess I have always thought that it was having love for people as Christ would, however I have come to realize that it is more than that. It is quite literally seeing people THROUGH the eyes of Christ, and understanding the love He has for them as far as we are capable.

Liz:
She is a law student from Colorado and is working with Juvenile Delinquents at a facility in Oklahoma City. She is so cool because she has her head on straight but is very down to earth. As we talked to her she told us she was somewhat raised Catholic but doesn't really know what or who God is. Her understanding of it all was so minimal but her grasp on how God's plan would work "if it was real" was so spot on. She had said "I feel like there is more than just Heaven and Hell" and that "my trials are not Gods fault but they help me grow because He trusts me to make decisions." Being with her helped me to gain a testimony of the strength if the spirit. No matter who we are we all made from our Heavenly Father and our spirits know Him even if we don't intellectually know Him. She was definitely prepared and we are so excited to keep teaching her.

As a whole, this week has been so good and refreshing. Time to start new with teaching people who have been put in my path. GOD IS GOOD!!!!
LOVE,
Sister Engelbrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment