Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Serve Serve Serve, it brings so many blessings.



Serve Serve Serve, it brings so many blessings. 

This week has been a lot of just that, service. 
Wichita Falls has had a lot of flooding around the outer areas and there are a lot of people moving out and in right now because there are several military bases around us. Unfortunately I was sick again for part of the week but the rest of the time, we packed a lot of boxes and helped many people in our ward. It has been really good for me because I have been able to get to know the ward members. I have such a testimony that God gives us gifts that we just have to develop. I saw that a lot with the people that we helped this week. I never knew some of the things I was capable of unitl I tried. Trust me, you will never regret getting out of your comfort zone. 
We have lost a few investigators this week which has been really hard due to some sad circumstances. One of the couples we teach got into some domestic abuse this week and are getting separated. Another one of our recent converts was kicked out of her house and is making bad choices with her boyfriend. The difference between these two is that the sweet Antoinette ( the previous wife of her husband Nate ) has leaned on the Savior an exponential amount and through something so extremely difficult. Where Ashley, our 22 year old recent convert has rejected what she has learned and despite receiving answers on where she should go she has left Texas and ignored her promptings. Now, I don't mean to be harsh but I learned a really important lesson this week. We cannot take the gospel for granted. We cannot take our Savior for granted. There are people in this world that would do anything to just find peace from the truth and we have it, He can and WILL help us if we let Him.
The rest of this week I have spent a lot of time immersed in the Book of Mormon. I finished it this week again and felt such a huge sense of peace when I finished it. That book just blew me away, especially the last few books. The words are directly for our time. 
​My biggest testimony builder for the week came from Mormon 9:31
"Condemn me not because of mine imperfection, neither my father, because of his imperfection, neither them who have written before him; but rather give thanks unto God that he hath made manifest unto you our imperfections, that ye may learn to be more wise than we have been.​"
This helped me to understand more fully why things happen the way they do. The imperfections of myself, my family, my companions, my environment, they all are there to make my experience unique and exactly what it is supposed to be. I am not so sure I can say I am grateful for the imperfections yet but I know I should be.
Try to change y'all's perspective this week!
Love you all a lot and thank you for emailing me :)

​Love,​
Sister Engelbrecht


No comments:

Post a Comment