Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, May 25, 2015

Transferred!

NEW AREA: Wichita Falls, Texas
My thoughts- I so far love it to peices.
MY COMPANION: Sister Young
My thoughts- she is a blast, and a very consecrated missionary, it has been so good for me
OUR TRANSPORTATION: Every other day, bikes
My thoughts- mmmm not so sure about that part yet
THE WEATHER: Zillion degrees in stinking May
My thoughts- yup I am sure about that part and I am not digging it.

So now that you all have the low down I guess we can form some sentences now :p This week has been a really refreshing change. I love love love my first area but I also love Texas like mad. The people here are crazy and so down to earth which is so nice. They all talk very much like what you would expect but its so fun and they have lots of Texas Pride. Our apartment is so much nicer than in my last area but I feel like I will be looking for things for days after moving. I have been able to have so many cool experiences here already. Last week we went to a ladies house to help her unpack. Her family moved from Norway a month ago and so all of her things were in Swedish and her little boys both have some serious English and Swedish skills. She herself has a really good accent as well. I know I am a dork but I just loved hearing about her life and the culture she has grown up in. Their house is gorgeous and her husband is in the Norwegian Air force. There are a lot of people here who are in the Air force because Sheppard's Air force base is just a few minutes down the rode from us. ​Which brings me to my next new experience. The third day I was here, we went to teach a couple on the base and I have never been on a base before. We had to get visitor passes but it was so incredible to see everyone in Uniform and see the culture there is even in just the government bases. It opened my eyes to the bigger picture of the people that are training to fight for my freedoms. It was a really neat experience and I loved it.
Being in family ward is very different..haha very loud. But the best part is when I got here I was told I would be giving a talk at a baptism two days later. It was quite weird because I didn't know the lady. Her name is Donna and she is a nutty one, but a sweetheart. Last night we went to teach a guy named John he is from Nigeria as well. There are so many African's here I love love love it. He was a struggle though. He tested my patience and got a bit heated so now I know that I need to work on that Christlike attribute. It is a good area though and I am excited.
Last excitement. We had tornado sirens going off again this week and the sky was so gorgeous. We are all safe though and the Tornado missed us. Thank goodness.

Love you all so much here is my new address:
​3001 Kemp Blvd
#820
Whichita Falls Texas
76308

No comments:

Post a Comment