Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, December 21, 2015

Almost December!

Happy Happy Happy Almost December, I am really excited for the Christmas season this year. We have decorated already and decorated a tree! It was a blast.
It is pretty cold here though, Sister Cook's mom was so sweet and sent us heat packs!
I hope that everyone's Thanksgiving was a delight. Ours was really nice and laid back. It definitely made me grateful for my family and all of the traditions that we have. Cherish those, this Holiday season :)

I was especially grateful for the Elders this week for all the help they gave us in moving and getting settled. We finally got into our new apartment and it is 100 times better and feels better than the place we were at before. I however, did not realize how much work it would take to get moved in so this week was a bit weird.

Heavenly Father made up for it though because we were able to get two new investigators. Their names are Jeanette and David. They were related to a less active member that we were looking for. We did not end up finding him but we found them. Jeanette was the sweetest lady and let us right in the first time we met her. She has been going to a church for 30 years now. Her husband David was also the kindest man and talked and talked to us (we call that "Okie talkers" here) He and I got talking about our trips to Africa and I was thrilled. The first time we talked to David he told us that he had met some LDS people before and knew that a lot of the things that people say about them are not true. It was so refreshing to see. They invited us back and we were able to teach them the Restoration. The things that they kept asking were so perfect. They were definitely prepared by Heavenly Father for us and we loved how much the spirit was in their home. We were not able to get all the way through the lesson but its because they kept asking all these questions like "shouldn't everyone have a chance to be saved" and "I don't think that there is just a heaven or hell" We didn't even know where to start it was great.

I walked out of their reflecting on all the confusion that many religions have and felt so grateful for the knowledge I have. We have had a lot of people ask us a lot about the gay/lesbian issues in the church lately and quite frankly I don't know a lot about it but I just feel so at peace that our church is under attack by the whole. The reason it gives me peace is because there is NO way that there would be such strong forces fighting us unless our church was the true church and Satan was working overtime. We have to keep our foundation strong :)

So funny story for the week :
We no longer have a washer and dryer in our house/apartment so we had to go to the laundromat. WELL here I am grabbing my journal and yarn for a scripture case I am making, to work on while we wait for the laundry. I couldn't hold it all so I put those two things in the laundry bag. Sure enough, you guessed it, I dumped ALL of it in. That called for a soaked journal and everything else. Let's just say me and the blow dryer were good friends that day. HAHAHA, mom I really do have a streak of bad luck.

Love you guys tons and hope you have a great week.
My new address:
300 Sunset Dr. SW #358
Ardmore, OK
73401

-SIS E

No comments:

Post a Comment