Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, November 30, 2015

Wild week (Nov 16th)

My friends,

If life as a missionary is boring than the missionary is doing something wrong.

So first off, the wild part of this week-

Our neighbors had a drug bust, things got sticky and we are moving out this week. Packing up a whole house has been quite the project but a HUGE blessing that we have somewhere to go.

Sister Cook and I were not fed much this week but I made some dang good Taco Soup curtousy of my mother's recipe. Last night though a family invited us over for dinner last minute and we had...wait for it....SALMON. The first time on my mission. Definitely was a taste of home.

The work is going well here. We lost one of our investigators because he moved but he is getting baptized in OKC. We are still finding lots of potential people but it has been hard to get in with anyone. HOWEVER, we had 10 less actives at church yesterday so that was AWESOME!

I am so grateful for some revelation I received yesterday during the sacrament and I feel as though I need to share it with you all.

Sometimes we feel like we are failing. Sometimes we feel like we are doing really good. I get caught up in thinking I am not growing because I am moving back and forward and getting nowhere because I am making the same mistakes over and over again. Well what the spirit told me yesterday is that, really it is a squiggly line going up across our journey of life. There will be those ups and downs, times when we do well and times when we don't but in the grand scheme of things the line still moves forward and up. I wish I could draw it for you but, the point is. If we feel like we are falling on certain habits or that we are disappointing people or are not able to be everything we hoped to be, know that getting back up and trying again DOES matter. We are not just moving up and down in one place but rather we really are growing. Satan wants us to feel like we are not going anywhere but instead making the same mistakes over again and that we will never get over it. I know that the only thing that allows us to not stay in one place is the Savior and His Atonement. That moving forward is asking for the strength to try again. As I have looked back on this week I can really see the strength that the Savior provided me. In the moment I felt like I was weak but I know that without the Savior I would not have been able to just be weak but probably a little worse off. I am not sure if I am making sense but I want you all to know that I KNOW the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ works if we allow it to in our lives.

I love you guys tons and hope you are doing well.
Love,
Sister Engelbrecht
p.s. one of my sister training leaders (the pic)
Thank you for taking the time out to forward this to me. I have had such a horrible day and reading this was the best part of my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment