Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, November 30, 2015

Great week! (Oct. 28th)


I cannot even tell you how great this week was!!! I have been so blessed with health and strength and thus we were able to go out ALL week. HALELUJAH! I had lots of moments when I wanted to just sit down for a minute BUT every time I would pray in my heart and without a fail, the strength to keep going came. My job was just to trust Heavenly Father. ​

I don't even know where to start but I guess I will just tell all y'all about some of the miracles that we saw this week.

Saturday the spirit was on fire!
We woke up and were right out of the apartment at 10! Haha, that really is the first miracle. Then, we were able to go check on some of our investigators. We got to this one door in a sketchier part of town and said our last prayers as we knocked on the door. (sorry mom and dad) An 18 year old answered the door and the mom who was bedridden immediately said, "I have found Jesus!" My usual response is "Man I am SO glad, how has he showed you His love in your life?!" Haha, it always cracks me up because when people say that the MORE we want to talk to them not the opposite. We were able to weasel our way in, which missionaries are pros at :p. When we got in we shared the Book of Mormon with her and the teenage boys that lived in the house. The one, was really interested in the same music Brady is! We bonded over that and got onto the topic of prayer. He told us that he had tried it before and really didn't feel like it was for him. Well, as we kept telling him about the gospel and where we meet for church, he wanted a Book of Mormon and without us even inviting him to church, he said "you know I am going to come to church tomorrow!" It was the coolest thing to see the spirit soften his heart. We set up a return appointment and now we have a potential new investigator! YEAH BUDDY. Miracles.

Unfortunately this week Elder Stout went home because of health issues. It was such a hectic thing that they basically left the apartment looking well...you can probably guess. After we snatched the peanut butter cups out of their freezer we decided to be nice and clean their apartment for the two new elders coming in this next week. HOLY CRAP.....and I am supposed to marry one of their kind :pppp?! It looked really good when we got done. You're welcome elders!

Sunday night we were able to get in with another one of the investigators that I have not met yet. She invited us to a Rally against Violence at the highschool and so we went with her. A couple months ago 2 boys from Ardmore shot another boy from Ardmore. The violence here is pretty bad and so this event we went to was a bunch of different pastors in the area coming together to inspire the public. I am definitely in Oklahoma, and I LOVE it. It was such good exposure for us missionaries because people recognized our tags and welcomed us with such huge arms. I was so impressed with the amount of love that was there. Something that I really think our members could be better at is fellowshipping and including every bit of diversity as we can. The messages were so good but I just kept thinking "There is even MORE happiness y'all can have. There is nothing greater than an eternal family". Guys, there are so many AMAZING people in the world who are fighting for peace and we NEED to unite with them, the spirit of Christ is infectious and will lead them to the gospel as we do this. After the deal, a pastor came up to us and invited us to dinner this week! Another pastor asked for our number so he could invite us to further events. Sister Erickson and I walked out of there with chills. It was such an incredible experience.

Anyways, there is my rant for the week, I hope you got something from it. Sister Erickson leaves this week and I get my new NEW missionary on Wednesday. I am so so nervous but also really excited.

Love you all,
Sister Engelbrecht
1210 10th AVE NW,
Ardmore, OK
73401

No comments:

Post a Comment