Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, November 30, 2015

New companion! (Nov. 2)

Hey!

Such a crazy good week. I know that I am doing alright at something because I keep hitting the pillow hard each night. This week my baby came! Her name is Sister Cook. She is from Mapleton Utah and is a babe. She is definitely prepared for a mission. She is also a fashionista so that is a blast. She is doing really well. I am pretty overwhelmed but its so good for me. I know that the Lord knew that I needed this. There are three new missionaries in our area and I am the only one left who knows the area so that has been a bit of a pressure.

We got two new investigators this week and so that was a HUGE miracle. They live in humble circumstances and so it was really good for Sister Cook and I to let all the discomfort go and just focus on the Savior's love. The one lady's name is Shiree. She is in bed a lot and she has many "sons" she has taken in. The one that we met actually had been taught by missionaries and then moved. It was a huge miracle.

Halloween was really fun :) Definitely not the same as my house BUT we made it fun. During the day we went to the dog shelter and played with the cutest puppies. Can I just say male dogs are gross though...flip. Then we had a couple appointments also in humble circumstances...that is Ardmore. That night we went around with cards and candy and gave them out to people it was so much fun. There was a teenage boy we gave a card and candy to and when he grabbed it he said "THANK YOU JESUS!" It was so funny :) We got our car back on Halloween too and then managed to get it stuck in the mud. I'm good guys, SO good. Halloween night we carved our pumpkin and then roasted the seeds YUM. I painted our faces and then we painted our nubs (toes). It was pretty good for a makeshift halloween. We had to be in by 7 that night.

I am ready for another really good week. Trying to remember all the little things but also just to LOVE people and really help them. Ardmore is looking up :)

I hope everyone had a great holiday. Miss you guys!

With Love,
Sister Engelbrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment