Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, November 30, 2015

Keep Calm and Pray on! (Nov. 23)

Hello my friends :)

you know I am really not sure all what to say this week. It has been a bit off but we relied on the Lord a whole lot.

Monday was a ton of fun. We went antique shopping which was really nice. I finally felt that I was rejuvenated for the week. Something that we have been doing a lot this week is working through our ward lists. President told us that if we did that we were promised a baptism. I absolutely have seen miracles this week, as always of course. We were supposed to move out of our house on wednesday, then friday, then Saturday, and now today so that occupied a lot of last minute plans this week. We mostly drove o the outer cities in our area and stopped and talked to a lot of people.

One particular night we went out to Healdton and went looking for a man. We had to talk to a neighbor and of course he knew about all the extended family of the man. I love that about OK, the people have lived here for quite some time usually, which makes our job a lot easier. We set up a time to come back and meet with him. Then we were able to find this mans relatives and set up an appointment with them as well. The coolest part was that as we were coming to a stop sign to leave, a less active member walked right in front of our car. I totally was a creep and yelled at her to "come here" but it turned out alright and we set up an appointment with her as well. I had only met this girl once several weeks ago and she is not even on the ward list. It was such a tender mercy that we would be thirty miles out of our town and at the precise moment God would put her in our path. As we drove home Sister Cook and I were saying "man I really wish we had a dinner" sure enough 5 minutes later the elders said the bishop invited us over. That day I was having a pretty down day and cranky out of  my mind. However after getting out and just turning all I had, no matter how small, over to God, He magnified my  efforts. I felt so much better when I could look back at how much love He had for me and His children. If we will just give every ounce of ourselves and give up things we struggle with He will make up the difference. We JUST have to DO it.

This week we also went to  sit by the lake and breathe a bit :p OH the water. Then lightened up things with a little prank on the elders. We put a plunger on their porch that said "plunge into the work!!!" OH it was soooo funny.

Happy Thanksgiving and I hope you have a great week. Keep Calm and Pray on :)
Love Sister Engelbrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment