Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 28, 2016 "All Smiles"

This week has been so full of good things. I would call it the calm after the rain. I don't know what we have done but Heavenly Father is very alive in Stillwater, Oklahoma.
This week we met a guy named Daniel. He just moved here in January and is going to school at OSU. The first time we knocked on his door was quite humorous. The door opened and he was shirtless. Sister Liddell half giggled from shock and said hi. He soon realized and said "hi.... (looks down) ....oh uh let me go put a shirt on." As he walked back he said "I thought you were Kenny, I am always giving him rides when he's drunk" We could not help but bust up laughing. He came back and we set an appointment with him. When we went back he was excited to talk to us. He has explored many churches. He was once, Baptist, Catholic, and Pentecostal. He told us that he had never been to a church that he could feel that all they taught was true. Reminded me a lot of Joseph Smith. As we taught the Restoration he was awe struck. He told us that he had never understood the apostasy so clearly. This boy is very much book smart and clearly not a crier. The spirit tends to break the barriers though. He had a dear friend that died in a car accident 2 years ago to the day before we were there. We asked him about what happened. We told him a bit of the plan of salvation. He shed tears. Yesterday he came to church and told us that he was very interested in learning more. Also that he had never been to a church so welcoming.
Easter as a whole was great. Sister Liddell and I made cupcakes to take to people and had a blast doing it. Although Jody Hannant for the record I still suck at frosting cupcakes :p
Here is a funny story for the week. 
Saturday night, I went to bed at 9:30 because I was sick again. 10:45 Sister Liddell wakes me up in dead sleep and says someone knocked on our door. I swear if I get woken up one more time on my mission in the middle of the night by unknown events it will be too soon. After we had a cardiac arrest we went to the door and she peeped through the blinds and the person said someone ordered a pizza for Abbi (my comps first name). We were then way spooked but after saying a prayer she kept knocking. We answered the door and it truly was pizza. Sister Liddell's mom ordered us a pizza and told the delivery people to keep knocking til we woke up. Good thing the pizza was delicious :p Happy Easter Eve.
I have been able to reflect this week on how much I love being a missionary. I am trying my best to give each day all I have.
Please watch the general women's conference if you hadn't already. It gave me so much hope and helped me to see that I can be on the front line of helping other people be ready to help refugees :D
https://www.lds.org/general-conference?lang=eng

Love,
Sister Engelbrecht



No comments:

Post a Comment