Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Monday, April 18, 2016

April 11th, Charity

  This week I have felt a lot of charity from the Sisters around me. Unfortunately I don't have a whole lot to say because I have been pretty sick for 7 days now but I learned a lot about the Savior because of that.
   Tuesday and Wednesday I was throwing up and had a fever. Finally on Thursday we got a hold of a doctor and he gave me some meds. Because it was my IBS we had to wait it out. It has been pretty rough I can't lie but all  you can do is try to be positive.
That is something I am really learning lately. We are stronger than we think with the LORD. God made us with an eternal spirit limited by a mortal body. Because of that mortal body, the second we think we can do it alone we will be walking backwards. There was a moment this week where I just broke down and felt like I was going crazy after being in so much. However, with so much help from my sweet companion, I felt her love lift me and I was able to feel a bit more positive. If y'all know me at all, you know I whine and complain a lot. I am not sure why that changed but all I could do was just laugh this week. That is how the refiners fire works I guess. We have to be pushed and pulled until we have had enough of it that it would be stupid not to CHOOSE to be happy. It is hard but I know that the Savior wants to help us. We have to be moldable and handle those situations with as much grace as possible.
Enough preaching for today ;) The highlight of this week was learning how to play Skip Bo! I may have spent a whole day playing it but meh who is counting.

GUESS WHAT!!!!
TUAN IS GETTING BAPTIZED this next Saturday and we are so excited! His has been an interesting journey. He made a very profound comment the other day that Sister Liddell told me about. He said "I cannot feel the spirit as much in my life as I want to." This is a guy who had never known anything about Christianity and so he had to learn every basic thing. He told us that he found a scripture and he said "I guess if I want the spirit I have to keep all the commandments and one of those commandments is baptism, I guess I better be baptized" It truly is that simple Tuan understands more than anyone that all you need is a desire. God put us in the situations we are in knowing our weakness, they are no surprise to Him. Even still He knows we can do it, whatever we may be experiencing.
Well I said no more preaching but HECK I am a missionary :) Sorry I don't have any pictures from this week, even if I did they would probably be scary looking :p
Love,
Sister Engelbrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment