Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Feb. 1, 2016 No Fear of Man

Feb. 1st 2016

​Hello peeps <3 It is February :)

It's been a crazy busy week and then Saturday and Sunday extremely slow and I think it got to us because Sister Liddell and I have this crud: sore throat and congestion junk. Fun right?! That thing called IBS though, it is not kicking my butt this week so at least I am not on double duty with being sick.

The area here is a blast. It is super easy to get distracted with all the cute stores. I am college age living in a college town but a missionary so I kind of feel like "ooh shiny" at times. It is so good for me though to learn sacrifice. That is something that has been focused on a lot here lately just in lessons and in my studies. Heavenly Father I am sure is trying to tell me something. It is really easy for me to be intimidated by so many people my age but I am trying to get over it and remember my purpose is to share the gift of the gospel. I have found myself at times thinking "man I just want to get on with my major and go save the world :p" but then every time the spirit reminds me that sharing the gospel right now is the best way anyone could ever start to change the world. In Helaman it talks about how if Sodom and Gomorra even had 10 people that were righteous, God would not have destroyed the city, but it didn't even have that. It taught me that each individual righteous person really does make a difference in a world of shifting values. Every righteous decision we make REALLY does matter.

There are a couple people that displayed this to me this week. There is a recent convert here who is in a sorority. She had a huge initiation meeting on Sunday for all the girls coming  in and it was a big deal for her to be there. She told us that she would be going to an earlier service of church instead of ours which was at one. We show up to church and here comes Sydney, this girl, walking in at the one o' clock time and so we asked her what happened. She told us that she was asked to teach Relief Society last minute and so she figured God wanted her at church more. We were amazed at the sacrifice she made just so she could teach Relief Society. I was really inspired by her faith. Mariah is another one that has been teaching me so much recently. She is an investigator who is getting baptized on Valentines Day. She is so ridiculously excited to go to the temple, she could skip baptism as a whole. It is the most precious blessing to see people follow God and as a result make you better. I love being a missionary! Those good times make up for the hard times 100 fold.

Love,
Sister Engelbrecht

p.s. the pic is of Mariah (she is a little peanut)

No comments:

Post a Comment