Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Feb. 15, 2016 Something Happened this week~



Feb. 15, 2016

​This week has literally been such a whirlwind of miracles. I cannot even express how humbled I am to have been able to be the Lord's instrument this week.

I don't even know where to start. This week we were able to start teaching 3 new investigators one of which accepted to be baptized in a month. One less active out of no where texted us and asked if he could meet with us. We have never met him before. Another less active that we have not been able to get a hold of set up an appointment and when we went over to teach her, her non member boyfriend was interested. Sister Liddell and I just had wide eyes this week as everything unraveled.

Along with that we were able to go to the temple which was such a great experience. The peace that I could feel when we walked in was tangible and I really think that made a difference in our week too. Sister Liddell and I started this thing this week with street contacting. She gets nervous to talk to sorority guys because they are punks sometimes and I don't really care so we set up a system. She talks to ALL the girls we see and I talk to all the guys we see. It works out perfect and there are no more excuses. Missionary work is scary sometimes okay :p Heavenly Father really has made our efforts count.

I definitely laughed more than ever this week and thanks to my companion I peed my self twice. No shame people no shame....okay a little shame. It was such a bummer though. I should probably get that checked out :p Being able to teach so many lessons this week has helped me to see how powerful God's hand is in each one of his children's lives (that grammar though).

For dinner yesterday we had salmon and I just about cried I was so excited. AND it was actually good salmon. I sure miss me so good Northwest food but I get to have other delicious things that y'all are missing out on like chicken and biscuits. Thank you YSA ward :)

Mariah Cooksey's baptism was last night and was the best valentines day present anyone could ever ask for! It was crazy chaotic all day getting everything set up but it turned out to be beautiful. My mom would be so proud of my decorating skills. We thought about using the relief society room instead of the chapel but I am SO glad we chose the chapel because it was full. Mariah's whole family was there and it was the coolest sight. As I watched the way she looked at her non member family and how they embraced her I felt the power that a family has. That can be nothing but divine love. 

We were able to have two of our investigators Tuan and Kymesha (who has a date for March) at the baptism and if they did not feel the spirit there then I quit ;) It was so strong and such a good thing for them to experience. As Kymesha was leaving she said "so March is mine right?!" It was so great to hear her excitement. Some people are just prepared and we have to invite.

I can't tell you enough how grateful I am to Heavenly Father to have given me that boost this week :D Hope your valentines was as good as mine ;)

Love,
Sister Engelbrecht




No comments:

Post a Comment