Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Karli Nicole Engelbrecht

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Jan. 11, 2016 Reflecting

Hey everyone!

It has been another really really good week. It is such a blessing to see the Lord's hand in this area because I did not do anything to make it happen. ​

Michael and Chelsea are doing so good. We had two lessons with them this week and we realized that one of the biggest things holding them back was that they did not have a faith in Jesus Christ. Without that very first basic step the Gospel will not make sense. After all it is the gospel of Jesus Christ. We decided to dedicate a whole lesson on Him and why it is important that we have a Savior. As we were testifying of Jesus Christ, Michael lit up and started giggling and smiling. We asked him what was up and he told us he just felt like crying, like a huge wave of peace washed over him. The spirit truly does testify of Jesus Christ. It was another reminder of my testimony and it was so refreshing to see that the gospel REALLY does work. Sunday they came to church and they were determined even after they had to get their car jumped. The sacrament talks could have gone a bit better but I had to remind myself that all those things are in God's hands and I am merely his instrument. 

We also had Anna come to church another one of our investigators and I was so grateful!! 

I have been reflecting lately on how easy it is to get frustrated with people....because we are human. Jesus Christ tells us that we will be judged how we judge. As I was thinking about that I thought that often times when we judge it is because there is more that we do not understand. We must look inward to see what it is that we can change first, sometimes that is the hardest thing but I feel like that is when we become better. 

I am really grateful for this gospel and the peace that it TRULY brings in to my life. It really works we just have to ACT on faith. Here is a really good video that has helped me a lot this week. 3 minutes that will be worth it :)


Love you all!

Sister Engelbrecht

No comments:

Post a Comment